Make it Sizzle, Smash, or Completely Disintegrate
With the purchase of Dent, you get a Full license for its little brother, Indent, for free!
Dent is a radical distortion plugin with sinister intent. You won't find any sweet-sounding tube and tape emulators here! Great for both music production and cinematic sound design, Dent mutilates sounds at the wave cycle level for a twisted makeover.
Six crippling bitcrushers, a sampling-rate mauler and signal clippers are just the tip of Dent's destructive iceberg. Slash the amplitude of just the negative phase of your clean electric guitar's signal, use the Shape control to square the signal tops, and jack up the harmonic content with special wavefold processing to launch the track into Beatles "Revolution"-style overload. Not mangled enough? Tune Dent's Probability control to emulate failing guitar-amp tubes. Or create outrageously rhythmic distortion effects with Dent’s internal sequencer.
But Dent can get even more hardcore if you want. Invert the negative phase of a comping piano on most but not all of the signal's wave cycles, plunge the built-in lowpass filter's cutoff and boost resonance to make the keys sound like howitzers detonating in the distance. Four simple control tweaks get the job done in seconds.
Six freely assignable modulators can be patched to most of Dent's controls. Use LFOs to produce conventional stereo wah wah or to transform heavy distortion processing into auto-panned DJ-scratching effects. Modulate DC offset with an input follower to make a snare drum track with hi hat bleed sound like heavy machinery pounding away in a demonic assembly line.
With Dent, adding interesting harmonic content to any sound is child’s play, mangling tracks beyond recognition can be done with the twist of a few knobs, and reducing a full symphony of digital audio to ones and zeroes is only limited by how many patch cables you can keep track of! The results are new and exciting sounds that keep your productions sounding fresh and contemporary.
Sometimes you need sonic damage to push your track over the top. Don't just distort it. Dent it.
Activate the fully functional 14-day demo with your Plugin Alliance account today to hear for yourself (no dongle required)!
- Presets featuring settings from The Crystal Method, Mirrorball Entertainment, Julius Dobos, and Toby Pitman of Air Studios
- Six distinctive bitcrushing algorithms (including a circuit-bent toy simulation!)
- Four clippers: Hard Clip (digital), Soft Clip (analog emulation) harmonically complex Wavefold or Overfold
- Continuously variable Bias and Split controls progressively add DC signal to one or both phases of the input signal
- Two waveshapers independently adjust the amplitude of—and optionally invert—positive and negative phase components of your signal
- Sound-warping Shape control progressively squares off or pinches waveform peaks
- Probabilistic and Sequential Waveset (internal step-sequencer) processing creates dynamic rhythmic patterns for the distorted signal with a simple twist of two knobs
- Unfiltered Audio's flagship modulation system provides six freely assignable modulators (sine LFO, sawtooth/triangle LFO, square-wave LFO, input follower, sample-and-hold noise, and macro control knob) with drag-and-drop virtual patching to most of Dent's controls
- Adjustable, analog-style Low Pass filter—with separate resonance control—can be placed pre- or post-distortion
- Continuously variable SR control progressively degrades the sampling rate of processed signal by directly manipulating Dent’s internal DSP
- Mix control provides parallel processing
- Zoomed-in waveform display shows the shape of wave cycles after processing, guiding your control tweaks
- Get crunchy analog-style tones like guitar pedal effects, or searing digital demolition like bitcrushing and sample rate reduction
- Add attitude to vocals with input gain, square up bass tracks with the Shaper, obliterate samples with the Bits and Sample Rate reducers, and run it all through a screaming low-pass filter
Supported Plugin Formats
AAX Native, AU, VST2, VST3
Supported Operating Systems
Mac OS X 10.6 through 10.11
Windows 7 through 10
Pro Tools 10.3.10 or higher or any VST/VST3/AU-compatible host running on a supported operating system
Intel CPU only (minimum 2 GHz recommended)
Intel-compatible CPU with SSE2 instruction set (Pentium 4 compatible or higher; minimum 2 GHz recommended)
Display resolution: 1440 × 900px or 1280 × 960px or higher
Memory: 2 GB RAM